TUESDAY, MARCH 22, 2022
Lost your car? Well, provided your car has been insured, you can always get a reimbursement. That's the good thing about car insurance. It means insurance against loss due to theft or traffic accidents. Getting car insurance would guarantee payment of expenses incurred when your vehicle is involved in accidents, or is subjected to vandalism or theft. It also ensures you are able to cover the costs of potential damages or injuries.
Zero percent car insurance
Car insurance dealers may often make announcements of zero percent auto financing, and you may be tempted to go for this great deal. It would be a dream to drive away a new car with zero percent financing. This means a $15,000 car may fetch you savings in thousands, versus five-year car insurance with interest. However, you should know that this 0% car financing is not available for everyone. Many people even make the mistake of buying a more expensive car with no cost car insurance, thinking there will be no interest that they have to pay. Unfortunately, this happening is very rare.
Zero percent car insurance takes credit report into consideration to qualify for this insurance financing, and the guidelines for credit are extremely demanding too. There would be so many conditions of eligibility along with this offer that eventually only a few can actually get a great deal with the dealers. It is seen that car insurance with an interest rate offers a much better deal. Most of the time, this zero percent car insurance is offered only on some select vehicles; mostly on slow vehicles as the dealer's main aim is to get rid of the vehicles.
If you are a first time buyer, or you have a limited budget for your car, you should carefully investigate the different insurance policies available, as some might suit you better financially. So do some research, as it is possible to get cheap motor insurance as well as keep the premium on the policy very low.
Tips on car insurance
Some important tips to remember are:
• Higher excess: You can opt yourself to pay a higher excess in the event of an insurance claim.
• Do thorough research on the internet, as online car insurance is a lot cheaper.
• You get cheaper insurance if you get an approved immobilizer fitted in your car.
• Get an insurance broker, as he can help you pick the right insurance.
• If you are a student, you may gain some concession from the companies.
• You can also get a cheap car with a small engine, as the more costly the car is, the higher the premium will be.
• By building and protecting a 'no claims' bonus you will have a great impact on your insurance rates.
• If your car was very cheap, it may be cost-effective to have third-party, fire and theft insurance, instead of fully comprehensive cover.
• Never give your price first, and never take the first quote from an insurer.
• If you can, get your own copy of Credit Report and show it to the insurance companies.